Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
paula
paula

Female

HELP Empty
PostSubject: HELP   HELP Empty29th December 2008, 16:59

could you guys please help me with something?
i'm writing this paper to school and it'd help me a lot if you could answer some of my question about school systems in your countries.
cause i need to know informations from different countries to find the differences and stuff.

<QUESTIONS>
1) Do you have a cantine/cafeteria in your school or do you have to bring all the food from home? Do you have lunches in the cantine? (like in Twilight, the movie)

2) Can you choose subjects which you want to study, or do you have to study what school tell you to?

3) Do you have the same subjects every day or do you have some timetable? (e.g we have english lessons on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday...maths is on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday...history is on Monday only)

4) Do you have to wear uniforms?
5) How many years does high school last?
6) What types of high school do you have?
7) Are you in a class in which you have all subject together or you have different lessons with different classmates?
Cool How big are usually schools in your country, how many students usually study there (in one school/grade/class?)

9) Where do you keep all your school-books? Do you have lockers?
10) How often do you get a report?
11) Which grades can you get?
12) What time does your school usually start/finish?
13) How long the breaks between lessons last?
14) Do you have some school buses? If yes, do you have to go to school by them or you can choose the mean of transport which you want? How can you get to school?
15) Do you go to an organized school trips?
16) How does your PE lessons look like? Do you play one sport only all the time or do you play different types of sports?
17) Do you learn from notes you write on the lesson or do you learn from the school-books? Do you have to buy school-books or school borrows them to you?
18) When it comes to exams, do you just write the tests or do you odpovedat pred tabulou? (e.g imagine slovak’s history lesson. Teacher tells the students about World War I and they write notes to themselves about what he says and then on next lesson they are supposed to learn it and the teacher pick one student who is supposed to stand in front of his classmates and tell what he remembers from last lesson, and then he gets a mark.) Do you have any unexpected tests?

thank you so much in advance Very Happy
Paula xoxo
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen

Female

HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP   HELP Empty29th December 2008, 17:59

<QUESTIONS>
1) Do you have a cantine/cafeteria in your school or do you have to bring all the food from home? Do you have lunches in the cantine? (like in Twilight, the movie)
No cafeteria, no cantine...but we do have a small boutique where we buy our healthy food...no sodas, ni chips no nothing so we're going on the healthy foods

2) Can you choose subjects which you want to study, or do you have to study what school tell you to?
Have to study what the school tells me, but in some cases we choose our own courses, they are optional.

3) Do you have the same subjects every day or do you have some timetable? (e.g we have english lessons on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday...maths is on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday...history is on Monday only)
Timetable.

No : P

Well mine lasted 4 years, of what I know it only applies to year 11 and year 12 so 2 years.

Shit ones. Laughing you mean by artistic, or bilingual or theoretical or theological or mechanical...cos we have those all lol

7) Are you in a class in which you have all subject together or you have different lessons with different classmates?
Subjects together.

Cool How big are usually schools in your country, how many students usually study there (in one school/grade/class?)
Idk...mine had from year 5 to year 12..and it makes about 850 pupils...but in general there are many more pupils at the other high schools...an average of 25 pupils per class and an average 120 per class [this only applies from year 8 in my school] for the rest I don't know

I keep them.

We don't get reports, we just have a small kinda note book where all our grades are marked, and we have a catalogue that is kept in the teachers "cancellation" [i think it's called like that] and it's forbidden to pupils to lay a hand on it...it contains marks and absences

from 1 to 10...1 shit, 10 best, and for the small one from year 1 to year 4 they have "Excellent","Good","Sufficient" and "Insufficient".

8 to 16...normally it should be from 8 to max 14, but the small one have from 8 to 12, the next one after primary school from 9 or 10 till 16 or 17...and the rest of us from 8 till 16

10 minutes

14) Do you have some school buses? If yes, do you have to go to school by them or you can choose the mean of transport which you want? How can you get to school?
No we don't, I just go by the tube

Yes, most of the times

16) How does your PE lessons look like? Do you play one sport only all the time or do you play different types of sports?
Different

17) Do you learn from notes you write on the lesson or do you learn from the school-books? Do you have to buy school-books or school borrows them to you?
Write and learn after them and from year 11 you have to buy your own books because from year 11 school is considered optional.And ALWAYS bought my English school books since year 2.

18) When it comes to exams, do you just write the tests or do you odpovedat pred tabulou? (e.g imagine slovak’s history lesson. Teacher tells the students about World War I and they write notes to themselves about what he says and then on next lesson they are supposed to learn it and the teacher pick one student who is supposed to stand in front of his classmates and tell what he remembers from last lesson, and then he gets a mark.) Do you have any unexpected tests?
Exacly, we write at our hours and after that we have to study from our notes, we might get a test or be listened ... unexpected tests are quite rare but they exist : P
Back to top Go down
Edward Cullen

Female

HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP   HELP Empty29th December 2008, 18:09

Lol I think I edited this for like 7 times haha, I kept remembering stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Emmett Cullen
Emmett Cullen

HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP   HELP Empty29th December 2008, 23:22

well all what we have is like a super mini mini mini mini market lol. so usually or we get our sandwishes with us to eat during the break (we have 2 breaks, one at 10:30 and one at about 12:30) or we just buy sandiwshes from there and there's all kind of nuts and crisps and juice and pepsi and snacks of that kind.

what school tells us. ¬¬
buttt there's just one thing, in year 12 students chose to do or general science or human science or literature or sociology and economics. but even then the school tells us which subjects to study, the time tables are the only thing that differs between those 4 classes.

timetable. (:

4) Do you have to wear uniforms? yes.

5) How many years does high school last? 3 years.

6) What types of high school do you have? what do you mean? i'll edit that later when you explain to me. Laughing

one class for all subjects!

oh that depends really.
basically we have schools that have all the years (from kindergarden until grade 12 which is graduation year... so it'll be primary school middle school and highschool all together) and we have middle schools (from kindergarden to grade 9) and high schools (from grade 10 till grade 12).
the number of students depends on the reigion and on how big the school is and how much other scool there's around it. in my current school (and it's one that has all the classes). i can't give an exact number... butt the average of normal schools is like 35 student in the middle school classes (in each class that is, there usually is like 3 class rooms for the same year ...) and about 28 for high school years. but of course that changes like i said, per example in my school there's 45 student in my class. (and that's not normal lol but that's because most of the students chose to be do year 12 as economics and sociology)

at home. we don't have lockers. but in some other schools (not mine though) they have a little shelf in the desk where you can put books.

10) How often do you get a report? in public schools they get 2 reports but in private schools about 4.

11) Which grades can you get? the report card is over 20.

12) What time does your school usually start/finish? starts at 7:40 and ends at 2:20

13) How long the breaks between lessons last? first we have 3 lessons with no break between them and then we have a break then 2 more lessons then another break then another two lessons. the breaks last about 15 mins.

14) Do you have some school buses? If yes, do you have to go to school by them or you can choose the mean of transport which you want? How can you get to school? there's buses, but we can chose. mum usually gives me the ride.

15) Do you go to an organized school trips? no. they used to in younger years.

URGH. we have one PE hour per week and we do what the teacher wants. usually she tells us to run the peremeter of the playground like 4 times and then we play ball. basketball football volleyball or whatever.
so basically it's all types of sports.

17) Do you learn from notes you write on the lesson or do you learn from the school-books? Do you have to buy school-books or school borrows them to you? both. that depends on the teacher if he likes to teach us from the book or jsut give us notes. we buy the books.

18) When it comes to exams, do you just write the tests or do you odpovedat pred tabulou? (e.g imagine slovak’s history lesson. Teacher tells the students about World War I and they write notes to themselves about what he says and then on next lesson they are supposed to learn it and the teacher pick one student who is supposed to stand in front of his classmates and tell what he remembers from last lesson, and then he gets a mark.) Do you have any unexpected tests? that depends on the teacher. most of them make us write the test but some of the teachers specially history teachers do what you guys do there lol. sometimes we have unexpected tests that upset everyone and make us protest lol.

sorry if i said too much stuff that make no sense but if you want me to explain more or anything else just tell me.
Back to top Go down
paula
paula

Female

HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP   HELP Empty30th December 2008, 00:43

omg, thank you both so so so so much lovelies.
it's so much appreciated +offers millions of hugs+

and marie i thought like private, public and maybe some boarding schools where you live there overnight (like in Hogwarts). lol

thanks again!
xoxo
Back to top Go down
Emmett Cullen
Emmett Cullen

HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP   HELP Empty30th December 2008, 00:58

oh there's all kind!
butt mostly, private schools have all classes from kindergarden till grade 12 and public schools are the ones that are devided into primary school and high school. Wink
does that make sense?
there's not so much boarding schools though just a little few.
Back to top Go down
Hayriye.
Admin
Admin
Hayriye.

Capricorn Snake Female

HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP   HELP Empty30th December 2008, 08:10

Firstly, My school is finished(for now) last year but whatever Laughing

Yes, we have cantine/cafeteria in my high school and univ. + we have lunches.

I have to study what the school tells me.

Timetable.

In high schools and elemantary schools, yes
In universities, not.

Mine 4.

Errm technical high school. (eg: I learned about electonics tutorials.)

Subject together.

8.) How big are usually schools in your country, how many students usually study there (in one school/grade/class?)
Usually 25 students per class. (for my high school)

I keep them at my home.

High school students gets 2 reports for a year. Univ students don't gets reports. They just learn the exam results.

0 to 100.

for high school 08:00 to 17:00
for univ 08.45 to 16:00 ( but its not standart at universities. )

10 minutes.

No we don't.
My high school was near to my home. Thats why I was walking.
I was going to univ with bus.

Yes.

Different types of sports.

Both of them.
When i was in high school, i'v to buy school books. But it changed now i guess. They borrows books to students.

18.) When it comes to exams, do you just write the tests or do you odpovedat pred tabulou? (e.g imagine slovak’s history lesson. Teacher tells the students about World War I and they write notes to themselves about what he says and then on next lesson they are supposed to learn it and the teacher pick one student who is supposed to stand in front of his classmates and tell what he remembers from last lesson, and then he gets a mark.) Do you have any unexpected tests?

Yup, we write notes at the lesson and then study from our notes. And yeah we have unexpected tests unfortunately. xD

From Turkey.
Back to top Go down
paula
paula

Female

HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP   HELP Empty30th December 2008, 20:17

marie @ yes, it does make sense, thanks

hayriye @ thank yoooooooooooooooooooou. it'll help a lot:)
Back to top Go down
Hayriye.
Admin
Admin
Hayriye.

Capricorn Snake Female

HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP   HELP Empty31st December 2008, 05:58

My pleasure. Mr green
Back to top Go down
paula
paula